Coronavirus Company Updates
Updated April 24, 2020
To Our Valued Customers,
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, HCD is working around the clock to ensure uninterrupted service to our customers, while also taking great precautions to protect the health and safety of our employees. We are successfully executing our business continuity plan, and are maintaining normal operations. In an effort to keep our customers well informed and up-to-date, below are some key activities intended to ensure continuity of critical medical supplies in the weeks ahead.
Current Key Areas of Focus
Advocating for customers with health plans & public health officials
We are reaching out to our health plan partners to identify temporary/emergency process changes to provide the flexibility necessary for healthcare providers like HCD to provide uninterrupted service for the duration of the pandemic.
Maintaining normal operations via remote employees
HCD has moved virtually all call center and office-based staff to remote locations. Customer service operations will continue to operate during normal business hours.
Continuously monitoring supply chain & manufacturer partners
Although the demands of the healthcare community for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may limit the availability of certain products (e.g. gloves), at this time we do not expect any major interruptions of service with core medical supplies. We are in regular contact with manufacturers to monitor their supply volume, quality controls, and workplace safety.
Contact Information – For Customers
- Online: View account information and re-order.
- Call us: 800-565-5644
- Email us: CustomerService@HCD.com
- To sign up for order alerts via text message, text “Start” to 98685. Learn more about Text Alerts.
Contact Information – For Referrals / New Orders
- Call us: 866-938-3906
- Fax us: 888-565-4411
- Online: Refer a patient on HCD.com
- Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Status
- Harvard Medical School Coronavirus Resource Center
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- World Health Organization
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you will still be able to get in contact with a representative over the phone during normal business hours. You can call (800) 565-5644 Monday through Thursday 8 am to 7 pm and Friday 8 am to 6 pm EST.
Yes, online and text re-ordering is still available 24-hours a day seven days a week. You can access those services at HCD.com. You can also email us at CustomerService@HCD.com.
We are doing everything in our power to make sure your deliveries arrive on time. Our wide network of distribution sites will continue normal operating functions.
At this time, there are no anticipated interruptions in our service. We will send an email to all our customers if our status changes.
We are taking several steps to keep our employees healthy during this time:
- Implementing work-from-home policies where possible
- Increasing focus on disinfection of surfaces and office spaces
- Asking teammates who are sick to remain home until they are well
- Urging cancellation or rescheduling of teammate travel
- Suspending travel between offices