Frequently Asked Questions About HCD’s Products and Services
Have a question? We’d love to help you find an answer. Check our list of FAQs (frequently asked questions) below for answers to the most common questions people ask about HCD products and services. If you still can’t find an answer, call us at 866-938-3906. Our customer care team is happy to provide any information you need.
Signing Up – Information about the process, what information you need to provide, and how much time it generally takes to get your supplies.
Online Enrollment – At this time, online enrollment is only available for those who have Medicaid and need incontinence supplies. All others must call us at 866-938-3906 and speak with one of our friendly customer care representatives.
Reordering Supplies – Information about the reordering process, shipping, and insurance requirements.
HCD Online – Information about how to use our online ordering service, including managing your account, password help, and more.
Text-To-Reorder – Information about our text-to-order program, which is available to customers for most of reorders. Occasionally, due to the nature of the order, a consult with our clinical experts and your medical provider may be needed before reorder.
General Information – General information about orders, shipping, and returns.
Insurance – Information about insurance coverage and requirements for supplies.
Common Questions About Signing Up
DO NOT USE / DO NOT EDIT / IGNORE!
How do I sign up for medical supplies?
Signing up is a quick and simple process. Here’s how it works:
- We collect your basic information in a 10-minute call or online*.
- Our experts verify your insurance and confirm supply coverage.
- We collect the required paperwork from your doctor.
- Once complete, we ship your supplies to your door.
*Online is currently available only for incontinence supplies.
How long does it take to sign up?
Not very long at all. Here’s a general breakdown of long each step takes:
- Collecting basic information: About 10 minutes
- Verifying insurance: 1 business day
- Collecting paperwork: Usually 2-5 business days, depending on the doctor
- Shipping the first order: Usually 48 hours to arrive at your door.
From start to finish, the entire sign-up process generally 5-12 business days. Once you’ve signed up, you can reorder supplies each month in just a few minutes.
Do I need a credit card to place an order?
What do I need to sign up?
There are five things you need to sign up:
- Basic information: Name, address, phone number
- Condition details: Condition type & symptoms
- Insurance information: Insurance card for the person using supplies.
- Doctor’s contact information: Doctor name & phone number
- Doctor’s diagnosis: Diagnosis confirming a need for supplies to treat the condition
Why do you need details about the condition?
Why do you need health insurance information?
Why do you need the doctor’s contact information?
Why do I need a diagnosis?
How long does it take to verify insurance?
How do I know if the insurance is verified?
How long does it take to get paperwork from the doctor?
It depends on the doctor. Usually, it takes 2-5 business days. We stay in close contact with the doctor to get the paperwork done quickly.
You can help by letting your doctor know that we’re sending paperwork regarding your supply needs.
How fast will the supplies arrive?
Will I ever get a surprise bill?
How do I reorder?
You can quickly reorder supplies by phone, SMS text message, or online. Here’s how it works:
- We’ll notify you by email, text, or phone when your next delivery is available.
- You answer a few quick questions for insurance purposes.
- Once confirmed, we’ll schedule your delivery to arrive before your supplies run out.