So, your medical supplier claims to have great customer service. How can you know if that’s true? Read their customer reviews.
You always read Amazon reviews before buying a product. Why not read reviews of a medical supplier before signing up for their services?
Well, you’re in luck, because we did the analysis for you, by collecting every single publicly available review on the internet and analyzing them for sentiment. Our full methodology is below.
After analyzing the information, the results show that HCD customers are more likely to be satisfied than customers who use other suppliers.
Why HCD Leads In Customer Satisfaction:
HCD leads in customer service for one simple reason: We’ve focused on the customer service problems that other suppliers still struggle with today. According to customer feedback, here are the biggest problems:
Common Problems With Other Suppliers
The top complaint customers have about other medical suppliers is late deliveries. Medical suppliers simply aren’t delivering products on time, leaving customers without the supplies they need.
Suppliers Deliver Late Because:
- They don’t process paperwork on time
- They don’t notify customers when paperwork is needed
- They don’t remind customers to reorder supplies
HCD takes great measures to ensure that supplies arrive on time each month.
How HCD Ensures Timely Delivery:
- We process paperwork efficiently
- We notify customers early about paperwork needs
- We send order reminders to customers to help ensure they never run out of supplies
Long Hold Times
Another major complaint is long hold times. Based on their reviews, customers from other suppliers spend a lot of time waiting for a representative to help them. Here’s what the feedback shows:
Customers Using Other Suppliers:
- Are regularly put on hold
- Spend 20-60 minutes on hold per call
- Are frequently transferred and disconnected
HCD customer reviews don’t mention hold times as a problem. Customers don’t have to wait long to order supplies, ask a question, or get updates about their deliveries.
Customers at HCD:
- Don’t experience long hold times
- Are on hold for less than 30 seconds on average
- Can request a call back in less than 60 seconds
Another big frustration for customers using other companies is the limited options for placing orders. Here’s what the feedback reveals:
Ordering Options Provided By Other Suppliers:
- About half of the reviews mention that they can order only by phone
- Only half of competitors offer some form of online ordering
- Nearly all suppliers who offer online ordering require a credit card
The lack of ordering options forces customers to make an unfair choice: Either wait on hold to place orders covered by their insurance, or place orders online and risk a charge to their credit card.
HCD customers don’t have to make that choice; In fact, we don’t require a credit card to place any orders, no matter how they are placed.
Ordering Options at HCD:
- Most customers can order online, by phone, or by text message
- No credit card is required
- Ordering takes less than 5 minutes in most cases.
The reviews also showed that many customers may receive expensive bills for supplies they were told would be covered by insurance. There are three reasons this could be happening:
Causes of Expensive, Unexpected Bills
- Suppliers incorrectly charging both the customer and their insurance for the same order
- Suppliers incorrectly verifying or billing the customers’ insurances, resulting in denied claims
HCD explains upfront the correct insurance coverage and costs. There’s no credit card required to place orders, and we do our best to keep customers informed throughout the ordering process.
How We Prevent Surprise Costs:
- We have insurance experts who explain product coverage
- We don’t require credit cards to place orders, meaning we can’t charge you without your permission
- If there is ever an out-of-pocket cost, we do our best to tell you before your order is complete.
Poor Customer Service
The reviews also reveal a big problem with customer service. Other medical suppliers simply aren’t providing the care and expertise that customers expect. Here’s why:
Problems Mentioned by Other Suppliers’ Customers:
- The service representatives are rude and unprofessional
- Customers receive incorrect or conflicting information about orders
- The service representatives can’t resolve problems or answer customer questions
HCD customers experience fantastic customer service. There’s a reason that 98% of our customers recommend us to others: we take care of people the right way.
Customer Service at HCD:
- We treat every customer with respect, dignity, and compassion
- We offer support from Registered Nurses and trained product experts
- We have insurance experts who can help you use your qualifying benefits
The Conclusion: HCD Leads Its Competitors in Customer Satisfaction
The customers have spoken and the feedback is clear: HCD delivers more satisfaction than other suppliers. In every category, we provide customers with more choices and fewer hassles.
- Receive the correct delivery on time, every time
- Spend far less time on hold than with other suppliers
- Almost never express problems with surprise bills or unexpected charges
- Feel cared for and listened to by our friendly customer service team.
The data used in this study is based on all publicly-available reviews from the companies mentioned in this article, as of February 20, 2019. These reviews came from sites such as BBB, Yelp, Google and TrustPilot.
Once each company’s reviews were collected, they were run through the MonkeyLearn sentiment analysis module to determine positive and negative sentiment through their standardized artificial-intelligence based platform.
Start Your Medical Supply Deliveries
If you’re ready to get supplies from the best, contact us today. In just 10 minutes, we can set up your monthly product orders covered by your insurance plan.