There’s nothing scarier than a medical supplier that doesn’t care about its customers. Unfortunately, too many people experience that every day, and they don’t even realize it.
What makes a medical supplier’s service so poor? A lot of things: late deliveries, incorrect orders, poor communication (or no communication at all), surprise bills, paperwork problems. If you’re experiencing these kinds of issues, then you may need to consider a change. Your health is being put at risk. Here are 5 warning signs that you need to find a new medical supplier:
1. You Run Out Of Supplies
Medical suppliers have one simple purpose: to deliver your supplies before you run out. If your supplier isn’t doing that, then you need to find a new one.
Not only are late deliveries inconvenient, but they’re also dangerous. Nobody should have to risk their health because a supplier can’t deliver on time. Be careful of medical suppliers that consistently make excuses about why your order is late–insurance issues, paperwork problems, slow doctor responses. A good medical supplier works hard to help prevent these from being a problem.
Here’s what a great supplier (like us) does to deliver your products on time:
- They know when you’ll run out of supplies
- They remind you to reorder in advance
- They provide an estimated date of delivery
- They ship your supplies so they arrive before you run out
2. You Consistently Receive The Wrong Products
Good medical suppliers consistently deliver the right products on time. If your supplier constantly sends you the wrong items, it’s time for a switch.
Incorrect orders can be just as dangerous as late delivery. You should never run out of supplies because of a supplier’s mistake. Look out for suppliers that send you the wrong size, wrong brand, or wrong products altogether. Your health is too important to settle for less than you need.
A good supplier:
- Always delivers the right product on time
- Never switches your product to something else without telling you
- Follows up to make sure the products are working for you
3. You Spend A Lot Of Time On Hold
Medical suppliers should be easy to reach. If a call to your supplier means hours of waiting on hold, then there’s a problem.
Slow communication causes supply problems, and life is too important to spend on hold. If you can’t place an order, resolve an issue, or ask a question in a timely manner, then your health can be put at risk. Be wary of companies that keep you on hold for a long time, transfer you from department to department, or that get “disconnected” while you’re waiting. These are big red flags that your supplier either can’t handle their customers, or simply don’t want to.
A good supplier should:
- Have an average hold time that’s less than 10 minutes
- Rarely get disconnected from a call, and should never intentionally hang up on you
- Rarely transfer you from department to department to resolve an issue
- Makes sure that managers get back to you at a reasonable time
4. You Get Surprise Bills For Items You Thought Were Covered
Medical suppliers should also make billing a smooth and simple process. If you’re getting bills from your supplier with no explanation, then something is wrong. If you get a bill for supplies you were told were covered, something is very wrong.
Surprise bills usually point to much bigger problems: Either your supplier isn’t organized enough to explain coverage up front, isn’t handling the insurance paperwork properly, or they’re charging you by accident. None of these are acceptable. Watch out for suppliers who require a credit card on file before your order cost is revealed. This is a huge red flag – it’s an easy way to get charged when you don’t expect it.
A good medical supplier:
- Doesn’t require a credit card on file to place an order
- Informs you of any co-pays or deductibles
- Never charges your card without alerting you first and obtaining your permission
- Processes refunds quickly and easily
5. They Don’t Tell You About Paperwork Until It’s Too Late
Good medical suppliers keep you informed about the status of your paperwork. If you have to repeatedly call your supplier to find out there’s a problem, your supplier isn’t doing its job. Additionally, a great medical supplier will proactively notify you about soon-to-expire paperwork so there’s little chance of disruption to your supply service.
Paperwork is the biggest reason for order delays. If there’s an issue, you deserve to know about it immediately. Your health should never be threatened by a paperwork problem that a quick phone call could resolve. Be careful of suppliers that take forever to get paperwork completed, especially if they don’t tell you about it. There’s a good chance your paperwork isn’t being handled properly.
A good supplier:
- Collects paperwork from the doctor as fast as possible
- Informs you quickly about potential issues and delays
- Notifies you proactively about expiring paperwork
- Begins fixing paperwork problems before you ask
Switching To A Better Supplier
If you experience any of these issues with a supplier, then it’s time to make a switch. How? Contact us. We’ve spent over 20 years improving supply delivery so that people like you can get fast, reliable delivery without any of the hassle. Compare our customer reviews and see why we’re the best medical supplier.
The HCD Difference:
- Our deliveries arrive on time, every time
- We keep you updated on the products you receive
- We don’t require a credit card to place an order
- Our hold times are typically less than 5 minutes
- We get our paperwork done as quickly as possible
- We notify you about potential paperwork issues
- we offer 24/7 instant reordering for select orders via mobile, desktop, or text
It only takes about 10 minutes to make the switch, so contact us today and upgrade your medical supply delivery. Or will you be frustrated again next month?